Building on our 40 years of experience, we at Bakhaus produce organic breads and baguettes weighed and shaped by hand. Under the direction of Julien Delahaye, our head baker, a team of committed bakers prepares fifteen different high-quality breads every night.
Our range consists of breads made with natural leaven and wholemeal flour (spelt, wheat and rye) as well as breads made with a sourdough-yeast mixture, and flours such as spelt, rye and various seeds: sesame, pumpkin and flax.
Our leaven was created by our founder, Frank Obertin. Forty years later, we still use the same strain.
We also offer a selection of gluten-free breads. Some of these products are also available in individual formats.
- Wholemeal sesame bread: wheat flour, sourdough
- Wholemeal rye bread: rye and wheat flours, sourdough
- Wholemeal spelt bread: sourdough
- Pain Paysan: wholemeal rye and wheat flours
- Wheat bread baked in a bread pan
- Spelt mix: spelt and rye flours
- 5 oats bread: wheat flour, mixture of oats, rye and barley flakes
- Walnut bread: wheat flour and walnuts
- Multigrain: wheat, rye, oats and soy flours, plus pumpkin, flax and sesame seeds
- Millen brot: whole wheat flour ground in a prototype Zentrofan mill
- Biodiversité: wheat, spelt and rye flours, flax seeds
- Bakhaus: spelt flour, natural leaven
- Oméga: wheat, rye, oats and soy flours, plus pumpkin, flax and sesame seeds (available in mini format)
- Polka bread: wheat and rye flours, long fermentation, special baking process
- Wheat baguette, natural leaven
- Spelt flour baguette with or without seeds
- Gluten-free bread with a mix of rice and chickpea flour
To meet our customers’ growing demand, we have developed a range of quality certified organic pastries: brioches, croissants, apple turnovers with homemade applesauce, kougelhopfs, escargots…
These delicacies are made by hand in our workshop in Luxembourg by our savvy artisan bakers.
Wait, there’s more. We recently decided to offer dark chocolate variations: chocolate spelt croissants, chocolate chip escargots…
As for our kougelhopfs, they are made from spelt flour and natural leaven, and cooked in traditional Alsatian clay moulds. They come in both small and large size.
Starting in October, Bakhaus also offers traditional and seasonal organic pastries such as boxermännchen (seasonal man-shaped delicacy) that will delight young and old alike. Vegan alternatives are also available.
We also offer candied fruit stollens, a type of Alsatian Christmas brioche.
- Spelt flour butter croissant
- Spelt flour butter chocolate croissant
- Small spelt flour brioche
- Cinnamon, chocolate or poppy escargot
- Apple turnover with homemade applesauce
- Lunette cookies
- Traditional cheesecake
- Fruit pies and tartlets (apple, pear, mirabelle plum, apricots, quetsches, cherries): we try to use seasonal fruits as much as possible
- Bretzels: in season
- Donuts: in season
- Galette des rois (King’s cake)
Since January 2020, our new laboratory is exclusively dedicated to the production of organic pastries.
Our team offers a whole range of pastries every day: the famous éclairs, the unmistakable lemon meringue pies, the mythical opéra…
Making certified organic pastries is a real challenge. We only use certified organic raw ingredients, which excludes the use of colorants, additives and texturizing agents.
- Vanilla, chocolate, coffee or praliné éclairs
- Lemon meringue pies and tartlets
- Seasonal fruit tartlets: lemon mousse, raspberry insert and dacquoise
- Carrot cake
- Entremet cakes
- Bûches de Noël (Christmas yule cakes)
We also wish to offer a selection of products developed without animal-based ingredients.
Our plant-based organic range of pastries, developed under the impetus of Julie Jager, is one we like to call “a niche in the niche”.
Julie, a passionate vegan baker, is convinced that vegan pastries have strong potential and closely follows any development in that area. To promote vegan pastries, Bakhaus has joined the Sucrés du Lux club, a Luxembourg association of passionate pastry chefs.
- Amarante: dark chocolate and puffed amaranth
- Chocolate and praliné entremets on a hazelnut biscuit
- Vegan bonhommes
- Vegan bûches
- Vegan croissant
Check out our Instagram account and follow us on social media.